The following rules were determined by the Ohio Department of Education and are recorded in the Pupil Transportation Handbook. Parents and students should be aware of these rules and understand it is the responsibility of the bus driver to enforce the rules. The bus driver has the same authority and responsibility on the bus as the teachers does in a classroom setting.
Rules for riders on the bus
- Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Pupils must wait in a location clear of traffic and away from the bus stops.
- Pupils must remain seated keeping aisles and exits clear.
- Pupils must observe classroom conduct, or the bus conduct established by administrators and transportation personnel, and obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
- Pupils must not use profane language.
- Pupil Transportation and Safety Rules must refrain from eating and drinking on the bus except as required for medical reasons or as permitted by the school district for non-routine trips during which the pupils on the bus shall be supervised by a chaperone(s) as described in rule 3301-83-16 of the Administrative Code, a school administrator or school personnel.
- Pupils must not have alcohol or drugs in their possession on the bus except for prescription medication required for a student.
- Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from or into the bus.
- Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can be held in their laps. Any objects that cannot be held must comply with the requirements set forth in paragraph (H) of rule 3301-83-20 of the Administrative Code .
School bus stop location
Policies and procedures shall be developed by administrators and transportation personnel to ensure school bus stop locations are designated in safe locations and shall include the following:
(1) Pupils in grades kindergarten through eight may be required to walk up to one-half mile to a designated bus stop.
(2) School bus stop locations shall provide for the maximum safety of pupils giving consideration to distance from residence, traffic volume, physical characteristics, visibility and weather conditions.
(3) School bus stops shall be established on the residence side of all four-lane highways and on the residence side of other roadways posing potential hazards to students as determined by school bus owners.
(4) School bus stops shall be located at a distance from the crest of a hill or curve to allow motorists traveling at the posted speed to stop within the sight distance. If the line of sight is less than five hundred feet in either direction, a request shall be submitted to the appropriate 32 | Pupil Transportation and Safety Rules | October 2020 authority to install an approved "school bus stop ahead" sign at least five hundred feet in advance of the school bus stop.
(5) Each pupil shall be assigned and required to use a specific school bus stop except in unusual circumstances as approved by the school bus owner or designee.
(6) Each pupil shall be assigned a designated place of safety on the residence side of the roadway on which the vehicle is scheduled to stop. Driver must account for each pupil at designated place of safety before leaving. (This is a safety procedure for the student to be at their designated place of safety before the bus driver approaches. The driver must count the number of kids before entering the bus. Then the driver will do a second count as the students enter the bus to ensure no student disappeared in a blind spot). Pupils should remain at the designated place of safety on drop-off and should not proceed to their residence until the school bus has departed. (Another safety measure to ensure a student disappear from the drivers view)
- Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations to which they have been assigned unless they have parental and administrative authorization to do otherwise.
- Pupils must not put head or arms out of the bus windows.
ELEMENTARY MORNING BUS ROUTES
Bus #201 Terri Martin -Bee
Lett Terrace -- 7:40-7:45 A.M.
- Coles Park -- 7:45-7:50 A.M.
- Carol Street -- 7:50-7:55 A.M.
- Valley View -- 7:55-8:00 A.M.
- Galena Pike – 8:00-8:05 A.M.
Bus #119 Phyllis Rice -Panda
Begins Pond Run Route -- 7:20 A.M.
- Zeigler Lane/Burt's Lane -- 7:45 A.M.
- Nile Lane then US 52 -- 7:50 A.M.
- Nace's Run -- 8:00 A.M.
- Ed Warren Drive -- 8:10 A.M.
Bus #224 Sherry Hileman- Far west on US 52 -Swan
-Begin Upper Twin Creek -- 6:50 A.M.
- Back to St. Rt 52 -- 7:10 A.M.
- Right on US 52 to Lower Twin -- 7:15 A.M.
- Tram Road -- 7:45 A.M.
- Connie's Grocery (Jenkins) -- 7:50 A.M.
- Kinskey Lane/100 Mile House -- 7:50 A.M.
- Tipton Lane – 8:00 A.M.
- Wamsley Road -- 8:08 A.M.
- US Rte. 52 to Zeigler Lane -- 8:15 A.M.
Bus #226 Rick Jenkins-Starts at SR 125 and goes west-Camel
-State Rte. 125 to Mackletree -- 7:33 A.M.
- Mackletree at Upper Rocky Fork -- 7:44 A.M.
- Upper Rocky Fork at SR 125 -- 7:49 A.M.
- Camp Street -- 8:07 A.M.
Bus #210 Crystal Williams-Horse
- Stoney Run -- 7:25 A.M.- Rte. 52 to State Rt.125 -- 7:30 A.M.
- Odle Creek -- 7:40 A.M.
- Worley's Run -- 7:45 A.M.
- Evan's Road -- 7:50 A.M.
- Moore's Lane -- 8:00 A.M.- St. Rte. 52 to Sugar Grove -- 8:05 A.M.
- Sugar Grove -- 8:08 A.M.
Bus #202 Tina Whitt – West of the Complex-Custus to N. Washington Blvd-Giraffe
-15th Street -- 7:51 A.M.
- 14th Street & Washington Blvd -- 7:53 A.M.
- Calvert's Lane -- 7:54 A.M.- Main Street -- 7:55 A.M.
- Haig -- 7:58 A.M.- Fairview -- 8:00 A.M.
- Beekman -- 8:02 A.M.
- Marne -- 8:05 A.M.
- Pershing -- 8:06 A.M.- Longview -- 8:08 A.M.- Elder -- 8:09 A.M.
Bus #106 Ashley Seevers-Doggie
-Shump Street -- 7:50 A.M.
- Rose -- 7:51 A.M.
- Columbia & Russell Streets -- 7:53 A.M.
- Oak & Sommer Streets -- 7:54 A.M.
- Jett Street -- 7:55 A.M.
- North Bend & Fairview -- 7:57 A.M.
- Poole Street -- 7:59 A.M.
- Galena Pike -- 8:02 A.M.
- Cityview -- 8:03 A.M.
- Bus Stop at fire station access road at Cityview -- 8:03 A.M.
- Grandview & Lincoln -- 8:05 A.M.
- St Rte. 239 -- 8:06 A.M.
- Hudson Road -- 8:07 A.M.- Larkin -- 8:09 A.M.
- Stockham Hill Rd. -- 8:10 A.M.- St. Rte. 239 -- 8:11 A.M.
- US 52 -- 8:13 A.M.
Bus #223 Matt Taylor-Eagle- Between the Boulevard and Calvert’s Lane to 10th St.
-High Street -- 7:35 A.M.
- 2nd Street -- 7:37 A.M.
- Calvert's Lane -- 7:40 A.M.
- 8th Street -- 7:45 A.M.
- 10th Street -- 7:47 A.M.
- 9th Street -- 7:49 A.M.
- 6th Street -- 7:53 A.M.
- 5th Street -- 7:55 A.M.
- Short Street/4th/5th Streets -- 7:57 A.M.
- 3rd Street -- 7:59 A.M.
- SR239 to Pine Lodge to Westgate-- 7:59 A.M.
Bus #221 John Hall-Lion Slab Run to Long St.-stays south side of the Boulevard
-Slab Run begin pickups -- 7:20 A.M.
- Begin pickups on Hygien Run -- 7:35 A.M.
- Turn Left on 8th Street -- 7:45 A.M.
- Long Street & 16th Street turn right onto Custus -- 7:50 A.M.
- Turn right on 8th -- 7:55 A.M.
- Slab Run & Rte. 239 -- 8:00 A.M.
Bus #118 Joey Holsinger – Buffalo- Carey's Run
Begins pickups on Carey's Run from US 52 -- 7:25 A.M.
- Bellamy Road -- 7:30 A.M.
- Sulphur Lick -- 7:40 A.M.
- Teagarden Road (turn around) -- 7:50 A.M.
- Crain Road -- 8:00 A.M.
- Carey's Run from Crain Rd. to US 52 -- 8:10 A.M.
Bus #321 Micah Stiles-Rooster - Dry Run Route
Start up Dry Run -- 7:30 A.M.
- Hardscrabble -- 7:45 A.M.
- Wolf Run -- 7:50 A.M.
- Central Ave. -- 7:55 A.M.
- Coleman Road -- 8:00 A.M.
- Pond Creek/Dry Run/ Shepherds Fork -- 8:05 A.M.
Students will be dropped off between 3:25 and 4:45 p.m.